Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week Seven - Notes from Alleghany, Augusta, Bath, Highland, and Rockingham County

This week we have FIVE different counties at the W.E. Skelton 4-H Center! Here is what these campers from various counties have to say about 4-H Camp so far: 

4-H camp is great! I am doing 5 classes! First, I am doing archery. Second, I am doing Riflery. Third, what I am doing right now, is computer science! My fourth and fifth classes are Lego Robotics. In archery today, I did great accidentally… I shot an arrow, and I thought it went right through! I was actually at such an angle; I didn’t even see the arrow. Another thing that happened is that I shot an arrow behind the target, the arrow bounced off the plastic on the back, and the arrow came in the target through the back! At riflery today, the safety briefing was LONG! I was so scared about how loud the .22’s were going to be. I was in the back of the room before they were firing! Good thing I let my partner go first! He showed me how to load the rifle. When they said “The range is hot! You have my permission to commence firing!” The only thing that scared me was when was the rifle going to fire? They were NOT loud! So right now, I am doing computer science. I can’t wait for Lego robotics! Camp is great so far. I am not in any classes with my friend, Brandon. I am in 1 class with my other friend, Logan. I have met a lot of people so far! I am definitely coming next year!
-Richard

I have had a good time at 4-H camp so far.  I have been to riflery and horsemanship. In horsemanship I got to groom a horse and in riflery I got to shoot the rifle 3 times. I got to go swimming yesterday and took a tour around camp. I also had fun at the campfire last night.
-Jacob

I’m having a great time at camp. The people here are cool and fun. I can't wait to go swimming!
-Devin

I’m a teen counselor at camp. I’ve had two classes at camp so far that have both been fun. I also have four campers who are very entertaining in their own way.
-Wyatt

My name is Logan and my 2nd day at camp has been great! I have done stomp 101 and CSI. Stomp 101 was a cool time to just have fun tapping almost anything you can find. CSI was awesome, my finger prints were done there, and we got to learn about finger prints and how they work. The food is awesome here. I have 3 of my friends in the same room as me. I can’t wait for my 3rd day!
-Logan

I’m having a great time! You meet new people every day. Plus, there's fun around every turn! Well, the first thing I do is basic climbing, then to multimedia, followed by computer science. After that I go to Outdoor Adventures. Last, but not least, is free swim (the most fun of them all).
-Camden

Hello! My name is Bailey. This is my first year at camp and I think it’s really fun! The food is good and they have packs. This year I am in the Bobcats. There are classes like Swimming, Fishing, Archery, Singing, and more! There is one thing that every pack wants...... Drum Roll please...... THE SPIRIT STICK!!! The spirit stick is no ordinary stick! You have to have spirit to win it for the pack and there are 3 rules about the spirit stick. No letting it touch the ground, no tipping it over, and campers can only touch, hug, or smell the spirit stick. No bullying/pranking others in camp or you will go right back home. You would not want to go home, right guys and girls! That’s all I have to say hope you go to 4-H camp if you can!

444-HHH  IS IS IS GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!!!
-Bailey

I am a C.I.T. at 4-H Camp.  I’ve had a good time at camp so far.  I was very worried that I wouldn't like any of my classes.  I actually liked them! Riflery was fun because I got to shoot a rifle.  My first period was free so of course it was fun!  My campers are the best campers you could get because they are clean, fun, and actually listen to me!
-Josh

Check back with us in a couple of days for pictures from this week!