Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Week Five - Notes from Botetourt, Craig, and Rockbridge County Campers!

It's already turning out to be another great week of camp at the W.E. Skelton 4-H Center! This time we have the pleasure of having campers from Botetourt, Craig, and Rockbridge County! Here is what the campers of the Computer Science class have to say about their experience so far:

There are a couple things I like about camp such as the cabins, they are like hotels. It is fun because I know my roommates; they are Chris, Randall, Jacob, and Ethan. The counselors, teens, and adults are pretty nice too; the adults who work here all have nicknames like: BREEZY, FRECKLES, TOUCAN, MONT-E, etc. But I’m still having fun and the week isn't even over. :-) LOL
-Ian

This is my first time at camp it’s been good so far I knew my roommates from school. I’m really looking forward these next three days here .What I can’t wait for is fishing I have never fished before so I hope it’s fun. Next summer when I come I am going to be a CIT. I was kinda scared coming here but I gotten use to it now so now I feel fine. I hope these next three days will be the best days of my life.
-Ullunda

One thing I liked about camp was being able to make new friends and staying up late with all of my roommates. I also liked the games I had never played before. But my most favorite part was the campfire.
-Noah

I have enjoyed 4-H camp so far and I think the rest of the week will be very fun too. I look forward to having the rest of my classes today. Free swim will probably be my favorite because I won’t get hot. Also, I like my room it is very nice and neat. My two roommates are my two best friends so it worked out really good. I also like my room teenager, she is really nice and I hope I have her again next year. So I look forward to coming back and having fun all over again.
-Maelyn

My favorite part of camp so far is having the ability to stay up late and knowing all my roommates.
Another cool thing about camp is the themes each night.The food at camp is great and I like my counselor.
-Taylor

So far my favorite thing is square dancing with Catherine and it was so fun. Also I went to the campfire and had fun hearing songs and stories and telling my story about the majestic antelope alligator climbing a tree with its hairy gorilla hands and had a calling call that sounded like a tuba. Last of all I went and played basket ball and a basketball game called knockout it was awesome.
-Blake

The camp fire was a weird experience for me because there was so much singing, skits, and other songs. My first class was multimedia. The reason I chose this is because I love computers and cameras. We are making the camp video for the week!
-Cameron

My favorite thing about 4-H camp so far is me making it to the top of the climbing wall!
-Catherine

My favorite thing we have done so far is the campfire; we do the campfire every night. It is a great bonding activity for the whole camp. We sing songs that make us laugh, feel patriotic, and have camp spirit. I love this time because instead of being alone and to our packs we sit side by side as one. This is a very serious time but yet it’s super fun and silly. My favorite thing at campfire is the silly songs like my favorite “If I weren’t a 4-H member I would be..." I love the line “I shine, I glow, MY BUTT IS ON FIRE!” Said by the famous one and only Starfish. :)
-India

My favorite thing so far at camp is the campfires. They are really fun because we get to sing songs. Last night was Country Western night, it was fun and funny. Tonight is Disney Night and Thursday is the 4th of July.
-Kayla

My favorite thing at western night was me doing my catch phrase which is “There’s a snake in my boot!” and before that my back up pulled a rope that was around my waist. Man! 4H is fun!
-Beckett

My first year of 4H camp has been great!I have seen old friends but also me some new people. I think it is a good social opportunity to meet people from Craig and Rockbridge counties. I hope to return next year! The food is very good and we get two snacks a day from the counter! I like the cabins because they make you feel at home! In each cabin we have 3 beds [2 twins ,1queen] and a floor bed. I have the floor bed. It is so simplistic living yet so challenging. Remembering your class schedule is very easy via your name tag but I am worried I will not find the right location! I have written a clovergram to one of the volunteers! A clovergram is something the campers can write to friends or staff. I enjoy 4-H very much!
-Olivia

Feel free to visit the blog in a couple of days for an update on what the campers are doing!