Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week Four - Notes from Franklin County, Halifax, and Danville Campers!

So far my favorite thing was the carnival. I raced people in the obstacle course. I
also played splat and got five tickets it was fun. I ate cotton candy and figured out
what was in the mystery box it was a rubber duck. I also danced it was fun I loved
the carnival.
- Logan

I really liked the carnival yesterday, it was very fun. With the crash course and inflatable slide it was a job well done. Also, I liked that you have rooms just like collage with five room mates. It’s cool to have classes like Robotics, Cooking, and Swimming. All the activities are very fun.
- Andrew

I like camp because we get to get 2 snacks free every day and we had a carnival. The
food at the camp is very good and if you don’t like the food you can make a salad or a sandwich. The classes are very fun and the people at the classes teach you a lot. The people at 4H camp are very fun and nice. The people at 4H camp will all ways help you if you need help. One of my favorite things about 4H camp is that you make new friends and have lots of fun.
- Jesse

So far my favorite time in camp is meeting new people and seeing old
friends again that I haven’t seen in a long time.
- Kiki

Today, in the 4-H camp, we had lots of fun.   First we put all of our stuff
inside the “Flora” lodge.  It was nice.  We had a swim test.  I didn’t pass because
a few feet from the end I accidentally drank water.  For lunch we had pizza and
pineapple. It was good.  We had a program called “Clovergram” that involves
writing messages on little pieces of paper.  We had free time and then had a tour
where our activities were.  It was hard to memorize where they all were, but I
remembered.  After we had dinner (which was chicken sandwiches) we had went
to the camp carnival.  My friend Jesse and I had a blast!  After that we prepared
for campfire. There were skits, challenges, chants presented to “The Great and
Powerful Leader”.  It was fun.  We slept in our log cabin.  It was a good day.
- Luke

So I didn’t really get into the camp spirit until we got to the carnival. It was such a fun atmosphere that I really got pumped up. I was just walking around and monitoring things until another good friend of mine, and camp counselor, needed someone to go against in the tug of war machine. We ended up switching each other out for two different campers to make it a bit more fun. I and my counselor friend then raced in the obstacle course, and I won! I ended up running the tug-o-war machine and having loads of fun. I was working hard too! When I finally called it quits and wanted to switch out with someone, I was soaked from sweat from my hard work. I was going to take a rest but instead I decided to go run the splat booth to cool off. I got nailed in the face with some wet sponges while dancing to the music that was playing. I even challenged the campers to try and make it into my mouth, both because I was thirsty and it was fun! After I switched out with someone from the splat booth, I went back to just walking around and monitoring and I found a poor girl that was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said she was homesick, so I took her to one of the camp staff. I and the staff sat down with girl and cheered her up and got her to have some fun, and then I spent the rest of the carnival with her trying to keep her feeling involved and having fun, which it wasn’t long before the carnival ended and we went to the campfire anyways.
- Johnnie

My favorite time at camp so far is helping manage the
carnival. It was a lot of fun seeing the smiles on the camper’s
faces. I hope to see a lot of other n fun times at camp. PS:
GO DUCKS!
- Sonny