Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week Six - Notes from Roanoke!

This week, campers from Roanoke are staying at the W.E. Skelton 4-H Camp! Here is what some of them have had to say about their time here so far:

What I've enjoyed most is the pool.  But some of my other favorites were the carnival, campfire, and all the other meals of the day.  I can’t wait to go to all my classes.
-Kemper

I have enjoyed camp so far. So far, the thing I have enjoyed most is meeting all the campers in my room and getting to know about them. I found out that two of them play for the same traveling lacrosse team as me, just in a younger age group. I look forward to getting to know them and many other people a lot better.
-Andrew

So far at camp I have enjoyed meeting new people, getting to know them, and seeing old friends I have made at camp.  I really like having my own campers to look after and make friends with; it makes me feel slightly important.  Also I’ve seriously enjoyed the fact that I finally know where everything is after like five years of camp.
-McKenna

I’ve enjoyed meeting my new roommates, playing a football game at the carnival, and coming to this class. I can tell that this class will be loads of fun. Last night, after the carnival. I met Sunny D. and he was really nice and funny. My last name is “Crowe”, and he started calling me “Hudson Pro”. I also met Renigade, and he started arguing with Sunny D about what my name is. Renigade said that ”For the rest of your life, your name will always be ‘Hudson Crowe’ not ‘Hudson Pro.’”
-Hudson

So far my favorite thing I did in camp was getting to now my roommates. I also liked computer science, the pool party and the carnival.
-Zechariah

The thing I enjoy is the events we do every night.  Last night was a blast.  We had a pool party and a carnival.  It was awesome.  I don’t know what we do tonight but it is will be awesome.  I have two roommates and one cit.  They are really nice.  We also have a really nice cabin too.  Anyway this camp is awesome.  That is why I want to come back next year.
-Katie

I am meting new people. The thing I like is that we get snacks. I also got to see the campfire and make new friends. I really like my roommates too!
-Mia

I really enjoyed camp this year.  My favorite part, so far would probably have been the big party last night.  It was really fun and, there were snow-cones, popcorn, and inflatable, and finally they had face painting.  I tried to get the letters F1 painted on my face but the line would not move.  One of the inflatibles was an obstacle course, and I went on it and I lost badly.
-Zac

I had fun meeting my room mates and had fun at beach night.
-John

Keep your eyes out for pictures over the next couple of days!